CHI 2013 runs from Saturday, April 27 to Thursday, May 2, 2013. The program of the conference is available in a variety of formats:
- The day-by-day schedule for the parallel sessions,
- The lists of accepted submissions by venue (also linked from this page),
- The Industry Days selection of themes and presentations, especially targeted to attendees form industry and design firms,
- The Video Previews web site gives access to over 550 thirty-second video previews covering most of the technical program,
- The CHI 2013 Mobile App available on Apple’s AppStore and on Google Play contains the complete program and lets you create your own personalized schedule,
- The myCHI web app helps you figure out which sessions to attend; it synchronizes across all your devices and works even in airplane mode or with shaky wifi,
- The PDF version of the official CHI 2013 Conference Program contains the full program together with general conference information.
Monday 29 April to Thursday 2 May:
- 9:00 – 10:20: Sessions
- 10:20 – 11:00: Morning break
- 11:00 – 12:20: Sessions
- 12:20 – 14:00: Lunch break
- 14:00 – 15:20: Sessions
- 15:20 – 16:00: Afternoon break
- 16:00 – 17:20: Sessions
- 18:00 – 20:00: Evening activities
CHI 2013 features three outstanding keynote speakers:
- 29 April, Opening plenary speaker: Paola Antonelli
- 2 May, Joint CHI 2013-ECRC 2013 plenary speaker: Vint Cerf
- 2 May, Closing plenary speaker: Bruno Latour
Papers and notes, TOCHI papers, case studies and alt.chi papers are presented during parallel sessions in 20-minute slots (10 minutes for notes). A select subset of the papers, notes and case studies receive a Best of CHI award.
Monday evening: Opening of the exhibits, Interactivity and posters and conference reception.
Tuesday evening: Many sponsors organize hospitality receptions at various locations in Paris.
Wednesday evening: Jobs fair in the Commons area.