CHI 2013 runs from Saturday, April 27 to Thursday, May 2, 2013. The program of the conference will be available in a variety of formats. Currently, you can view:
- The day-by-day schedule for the parallel sessions,
- The lists of accepted submissions by venue (also linked from this page),
- The Industry Days selection of themes and presentations, especially targeted to attendees form industry and design firms,
- The Video Previews web site, which gives access to over 550 thirty-second video previews covering most of the technical program,
- The CHI 2013 Mobile App available on Apple’s AppStore and soon on Google Play, which contains the complete program and lets you create your own personalized schedule.
- The myCHI web app helps you figure out which sessions to attend. myCHI synchronizes across all your devices and works even in airplane mode or with shaky wifi.
Monday 29 April to Thursday 2 May:
- 9:00 – 10:20: Sessions
- 10:20 – 11:00: Morning break
- 11:00 – 12:20: Sessions
- 12:20 – 14:00: Lunch break
- 14:00 – 15:20: Sessions
- 15:20 – 16:00: Afternoon break
- 16:00 – 17:20: Sessions
- 18:00 – 20:00: Evening activities
CHI 2013 features three outstanding keynote speakers:
- 29 April, Opening plenary speaker: Paola Antonelli
- 2 May, Joint CHI 2013-ECRC 2013 plenary speaker: Vint Cerf
- 2 May, Closing plenary speaker: Bruno Latour
Papers and notes, TOCHI papers, case studies and alt.chi papers are presented during parallel sessions in 20-minute slots (10 minutes for notes). A select subset of the papers, notes and case studies receive a Best of CHI award.
Monday evening: Opening of the exhibits, Interactivity and posters and conference reception.
Tuesday evening: Many sponsors organize hospitality receptions at various locations in Paris.
Wednesday evening: Jobs fair in the Commons area.